Personal Safety & Prevention of Identity-Based Violence
When: Sunday, June 28th – 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
In this 3-hour workshop, students learn strategies to handle disrespect, harassment, and abuse that they face or witness others facing when it comes to identity-based violence (i.e. religion, gender, sexuality, race).
This workshop is open to people ages 15+.
Through active discussions, scenario role-playing, and hands-on practice, students are empowered with skills to maximize their personal safety. We’ll cover…
- Assertive communication and de-escalation skills to challenge discrimination based on race, religion, gender / gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and other factors.
- Situational awareness and risk assessment
- Bystander intervention techniques to stand up for others
- Physical self-defense techniques to use in the event of violence
You will leave this workshop feeling stronger and more confident in everyday situations while also prepared for potentially dangerous situations.
Because of the pandemic, we will be offering this workshop online via Zoom and attendees may pay on a sliding scale.
Self-Defense for Pre-Schoolers
When: Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 – 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
In this 90 minute workshop, we specifically practice skills for pre-schoolers entering a school environment. This class is for children ages 3-5, accompanied by an adult.
- Standing up for yourself and others
- Identifying safe adults
- Solving conflicts peacefully
This workshop costs $20 per student-parent pair.
If you would like to reach out to us to inquire about a private workshop, or other workshop options, please email us: gro.n1593674364ogard1593674364nus@o1593674364fni1593674364