Violence Prevention for the Queer Community
When: Sunday, June 28th – 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
In this 3 hour workshop, we specifically focus on targeted violence based on gender and sexuality.
Learn skills to assess safety, advocate for yourself and others, and defend yourself and others in the event of physical violence.
- Assessing situational safety in both everyday life and unfamiliar scenarios
- Using your voice and words to advocate for yourself and others, and set strong boundaries
- Physical techniques to use in the event of physical violence
You will leave this workshop feeling stronger and more confident in everyday situations while also prepared for potentially dangerous situations.
Because of the pandemic, we will be offering this workshop online via Zoom and attendees may pay on a sliding scale.
Self-Defense for Pre-Schoolers
When: Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 – 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
In this 90 minute workshop, we specifically practice skills for pre-schoolers entering a school environment. This class is for children ages 3-5, accompanied by an adult.
- Standing up for yourself and others
- Identifying safe adults
- Solving conflicts peacefully
This workshop costs $20 per student-parent pair.
If you would like to reach out to us to inquire about a private workshop, or other workshop options, please email us: gro.n1591141330ogard1591141330nus@o1591141330fni1591141330