Personal Safety for Young Women and Teens
When: Sunday, Sepember 27th – 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
3 Hour workshop for teens 15 years old to young adult (high school, college, and first out on their own) who identify as women, teen girls, transwomen, genderqueer, gender fluid, female-presenting…
This workshop addresses topics young women must increasingly navigate — gender-based harassment, interpersonal relationships, school and work environments. Learn and practice skills for awareness, verbal assertiveness, and physical protection. Feel stronger and more confident in everyday situations while also preparing for potentially dangerous situations.
Through active discussions, scenario role-playing, and hands-on practice, students are empowered with skills to maximize their personal safety. We’ll cover…
- Assertive communication and de-escalation skills to challenge discrimination based on race, religion, gender / gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and other factors.
- Situational awareness and risk assessment
- Bystander intervention techniques to stand up for others
- Physical self-defense techniques to use in the event of violence
You will leave this workshop feeling stronger and more confident in everyday situations while also prepared for potentially dangerous situations.
Because of the pandemic, we will be offering this workshop online via Zoom and attendees may pay on a sliding scale.
Back to School Safety
When: Monday, September 28, 2020, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Ages 9 and up
Start the school year with skills for feeling safe and confident. These workshops are designed to empower kids and young adults to advocate for their needs and use boundary-setting techniques to avoid violence before it starts, particularly in a school setting.
Through open discussion, guided activities, scenario-based role play, and physical practice, we cover…
- Using your words to advocate for the needs of yourself and others
- Boundary-setting skills and strategies
- Safety assessment strategies – including identifying safe adults and navigating unfamiliar situations
- Physical defense skills to use in the event of violence.
This workshop is free, but please pre-register here.
If you would like to reach out to us to inquire about a private workshop, or other workshop options, please email us: gro.n1596742713ogard1596742713nus@o1596742713fni1596742713