Back to School Safety
Start the school year with skills for feeling safe and confident. These workshops are designed to empower kids and young adults to advocate for their needs and use boundary-setting techniques to avoid violence before it starts, particularly in a school setting.
Through open discussion, guided activities, scenario-based role play, and physical practice, we cover…
- Using your words to advocate for the needs of yourself and others
- Boundary-setting skills and strategies
- Safety assessment strategies – including identifying safe adults and navigating unfamiliar situations
- Physical defense skills to use in the event of violence.
This year’s Back to School Safety Day is Saturday, September 26th, 2020.
- 10:00am – 10:45am: Ages 5-9
- 11:00am – 11:45am: Ages 9-14
Classes are free but please pre-register so we know how many people are coming.