Week of May 2 – 8
The first Thursday of every month at 7:30pm is Advanced Self Defense Special Topics class. Any adult (current student or not) who has taken the 3-hour basic skills class is welcome to join us. May’s class will be taught by Sensei Joy, and the topic is defending yourself from the ground.
Colored belt promotions are coming. If you are eligible, you will be pre-tested during regular classes Apr 29 – May 6. Everyone is welcome to join us at promotions and cheer on the testers.
- Saturday, May 13: Little Dragons & Juniors Promotions at 10:15am
- Little Dragons class will take place as scheduled
- Saturday, May 13: Youth Promotions at 11:00am
- Advanced Youth class will be cancelled that day
- Thursday, May 18: Adult Promotions at 6:30pm
This month Sun Dragon is holding our Mother’s Day Diaper Drive this month for the Austin Diaper Bank. The Austin Diaper Bank supports diaper need in all age groups, from newborns to the elderly. Larger sizes, such as babies’ 4 or 5 and adult L/XL, are always in demand.
Beach Training is Saturday, May 20, at Bob Wentz Park on Lake Travis. This is not the standard spot, so maps will be up at the dojo soon. Hope you can join us!