Open to all abilities, sizes, and fitness levels: You don’t have to be a martial artist or an athlete to help yourself be safer!
Many of our workshops are designated as “all genders” but some are separated “women/girls” or “men/boys”. This is not because we believe there is an inherent gender difference but because we recognize that the world treats us differently based on gender categories. All of our workshops are open and welcoming to people who identify as trans, genderqueer, gender fluid, non-binary, gender creative, gender non-conforming, or any other gender designation that exists. Whoever you are and however you identify, pick the workshop that makes the most sense for you. You know your gender experience better than anyone else does.
Please email Laura with any questions about upcoming workshops, problems with registration, or to request a scholarship application.
- 9 Hour workshop for people age 15 +
- Open to all genders
- In this 3 day workshop students will learn and practice skills for awareness, verbal assertiveness, and physical protection. Through discussions, interactive activities, and hands-on practice, participants will gain skills to maximize their safety and feel stronger and more confident in everyday situations, while also preparing for potentially dangerous situations.
- Awareness for violence prevention
- How to defuse a violent situation
- Physical skills to fight back & escape
- Fighting from the ground
- Intervening safely when others are the target of violence
- February 3, 10, and 17, 3:30-6:30pm
- $75: students
- $100: Bring-a-friend ($200 for two, pay for both at once)
- $125: non-students
- enroll in this workshop
- Scholarship Assistance Available (email gro.n1519360539ogard1519360539nus@a1519360539ruaL1519360539 to register with a discounted price)
- 3 Hour workshop for people age 12+ who identify as women, teen girls, transwomen, genderqueer, gender fluid, female-presenting…
- Learn and practice skills for awareness, verbal assertiveness, and physical protection. Feel stronger and more confident in everyday situations while also preparing for potentially dangerous situations.
- April 29, 3:00-6:00pm
- $45 for one person
- $35 each when multiple people register together
- $25 for current students or members
- Or pay what you can — email gro.n1519360539ogard1519360539nus@a1519360539ruaL1519360539 to register with a discounted price.