Open to all abilities, sizes, and fitness levels: You don’t have to be a martial artist or an athlete to help yourself be safer!
Many of our workshops are designated as “all genders” but some are separated “women/girls” or “men/boys”. This is not because we believe there is an inherent gender difference but because we recognize that the world treats us differently based on gender categories. All of our workshops are open and welcoming to people who identify as trans, genderqueer, gender fluid, non-binary, gender creative, gender non-conforming, or any other gender designation that exists. Whoever you are and however you identify, pick the workshop that makes the most sense for you. You know your gender experience better than anyone else does.
Please email Laura with any questions about upcoming workshops, problems with registration, or to request a scholarship application.
If you do not see an upcoming workshop that fits your needs, please email gro.n1563671053ogard1563671053nus@o1563671053fni1563671053 so we can work with you! Different kinds of workshops we offer can be found here.
- Planning for the last chapter of life is a subject many of us would rather avoid. However, most people will become seriously ill at the natural end of their lives, and the default treatment often leads to invasive procedures.
- Some patients want every available technology; others do not. What’s important is that you decide for yourself what you want, speak with your loved ones, and write your wishes down.
- Join Hospice Austin’s GIFT Project for refreshments while learning how to communicate your preferences, decide how to choose a medical power of attorney, discuss wishes with loved ones and providers, and complete Advance Directives.
- Lunch will be provided. If possible, please bring a folding chair.
- This workshop is FREE, but pre-registration is required and spots are limited. Register by clicking here.
- Start the school year off by learning and practicing skills for handling all kinds of school situations, from dealing with bullies to feeling confident in the classroom.
- We focus on strengthening kids’ ability to determine whether they feel safe and respected, what to do about it in the moment, and then how to seek help afterwards.
- Different workshops are available for different age groups. There is no charge for this class, but you must pre-register.
3 hour workshop for people age 12+
This seminar is for women, teen girls, transwomen, genderqueer, gender fluid, female-presenting, and nonbinary individuals.
Learn and practice skills for…
After this class, you will feel stronger and more confident in every day situations, while also more prepared for potentially more dangerous situations.
- Situational awareness
- Bystander intervention
- Deescalation and conflict resolution
- Verbal assertiveness and boundary setting
- Self-defense techniques
- $45 for one student, $70 if registering two students together, $25 for current Sun Dragon students.