Open to all abilities, sizes, and fitness levels: You don’t have to be a martial artist or an athlete to help yourself be safer!
Many of our workshops are designated as “all genders” but some are separated “women/girls” or “men/boys”. This is not because we believe there is an inherent gender difference but because we recognize that the world treats us differently based on gender categories. All of our workshops are open and welcoming to people who identify as trans, genderqueer, gender fluid, non-binary, gender creative, gender non-conforming, or any other gender designation that exists. Whoever you are and however you identify, pick the workshop that makes the most sense for you. You know your gender experience better than anyone else does.
Please email Laura with any questions about upcoming workshops, problems with registration, or to request a scholarship application.
- First Thursday of every month, 7:30-8:30pm
- Open to all students and community members 15 and up who have taken a 3-hour basic skills or self-defense for women and teens workshop.
No charge but pre-registration required.
- 3 Hour workshop for people age 12+ who identify as women, teen girls, transwomen, genderqueer, gender fluid, female-presenting…
- Learn and practice skills for awareness, verbal assertiveness, and physical protection. Feel stronger and more confident in everyday situations while also preparing for potentially dangerous situations.
- October 22, 3:00-6:00pm
- $45 for one person
- $35 each when multiple people register together
- $25 for current students or members
- Or pay what you can — email gro.n1511137743ogard1511137743nus@a1511137743ruaL1511137743 to register with a discounted price.